Due to the pandemic I have cancelled all workshops until the end of 2021. Covid restrictions permitting I hope to restart in summer 2022. Please contact me to go on my mailing list if you would like to be notified when I’m back in operation and have decided on dates.
What’s covered in the workshop?
This one day workshop (10.00 – 4.30) is suitable for complete beginners as well as anyone wanting to improve their skills. You’ll learn to cut accurate, bespoke single mounts using a simple handheld mount cutter. In the morning you’ll cut a mount to fit a standard size frame using one of your own pictures, this will introduce you to all the calculating, measuring and cutting techniques. In the afternoon you’ll practise these new skills on the pictures you’ve brought with you.
At the end of the workshop you’ll go home with several mounted pictures wrapped in cellophane and ready to drop into readymade frames. You’ll also have the skills to cut more mounts using a handheld mount cutter.
You’ll learn the following skills during the workshop:
- Measuring and calculating mount and frame sizes
- Adjusting measurements so you can use readymade frames
- Transferring measurements to the back of the mountboard
- Cutting an accurate single mount (especially at the corners)
- Putting together the mount and backing card and attaching the picture
- Closing up the back of the frame correctly
- Using the correct materials and techniques
- There will be illustrated handouts, and lots of tips and shortcuts
How can you book onto a workshop?
I run workshops in a number of locations, you can find details on how to book onto a workshop at each location on this page (please note in some locations it is necessary to book with the third party provider I work with).
Upcoming workshops for 2022
- Yet to be arranged, contact me to go on my mailing list if you’d like to be notified.
Booking in Chichester, West Sussex – £90 (3 places)
Please contact me by email or telephone 07908 961 229 to check there’s space. Please then pay by either PayPal, BACS or cheque. I’ll then confirm your place and send you full joining instructions. You’ll find details of my Chichester cancellation policy here.
Do I need to bring anything?
All materials are provided including two sheets of conservation grade mountboard. Please bring several pictures and, if you already have them, any frames you would like to use or recycle. There will be lots of homemade cake and tea/coffee but please bring a packed lunch.