What’s covered in the workshop?
This one day workshop (10.00 – 4.30) is suitable for complete beginners as well as anyone wanting to improve their skills. You’ll learn to cut accurate, bespoke single mounts using a simple handheld mount cutter. In the morning you’ll cut a mount to fit a standard size frame using one of your own pictures, this will introduce you to all the calculating, measuring and cutting techniques. In the afternoon you’ll practise these new skills on the pictures you’ve brought with you.
At the end of the workshop you’ll go home with several mounted pictures wrapped in cellophane and ready to drop into readymade frames. You’ll also have the skills to cut more mounts using a handheld mount cutter.
You’ll learn the following skills during the workshop:
- Measuring and calculating mount and frame sizes
- Adjusting measurements so you can use readymade frames
- Transferring measurements to the back of the mountboard
- Cutting an accurate single mount (especially at the corners)
- Putting together the mount and backing card and attaching the picture
- Closing up the back of the frame correctly
- Using the correct materials and techniques
- There will be illustrated handouts, and lots of tips and shortcuts
How can you book onto a workshop?
I run workshops in a number of locations, you can find details on how to book onto a workshop at each location on this page (please note in some locations it is necessary to book via a third party provider I work with).
- Thursday 14th November 2019 (Chichester) – Full
- Saturday 23rd November 2019 (Chichester)
- Saturday 1st February 2020 (Chichester)
Booking in Chichester, West Sussex – £90 (3 places)
Please contact me by email or telephone 07908 961 229 to check there’s space. Please then pay by either PayPal, BACS or cheque. I’ll then confirm your place and send you full joining instructions. You’ll find details of my Chichester cancellation policy here.
Booking in Farnham, Surrey – £90 (6 places)
For The Maltings in Farnham the next workshop is on Saturday 11th April 2020. Their website will not show it until the Spring programme is published. Meanwhile please contact me if you’re interested.
Do I need to bring anything?
All materials are provided including two sheets of conservation grade mountboard. Please bring several pictures and, if you already have them, any frames you would like to use or recycle. There will be lots of homemade cake and tea/coffee but please bring a packed lunch.