What’s covered in the workshop?
The workshop runs from 10.00 to 4.30 and is for those who have attended an Introductory Mount Cutting Workshop or can already cut a single mount. You’ll start in the morning by cutting a bespoke and accurate box mount to fit one of your own textiles. In the afternoon you’ll learn more advanced techniques enabling you to add depth and shadow.
At the end of the workshop you’ll go home with two or more textiles in box mounts. They will be wrapped in cellophane and ready to drop into a standard size frame. You’ll also have the skills to cut box mounts using a handheld mount cutter.
You’ll learn the following skills during the workshop:
- Measuring and calculating mount and frame sizes
- Adjusting measurements so you can use readymade frames
- Transferring measurements to the back of the mountboard
- Cutting an accurate box mount (especially at the corners)
- Putting together the mount and backing card and attaching the picture
- Using spacers to add depth and shadow
- Closing up the back of the frame correctly
- Using the correct materials and techniques
- There will be illustrated handouts and lots of tips and shortcuts
How can you book onto a workshop?
I run workshops in a number of locations, you can find details on how to book onto a workshop at each location on this page (Please note in some locations its is required to book via a third party provider I work with).
Chichester (West Sussex) – £90
For Chichester please contact me to check there’s space and talk over any queries. Please arrange payment of the full amount by either PayPal, cheque or BACS. Once I have payment I will confirm your place and send you full joining instructions. You can find details of my cancellation policy here.
Do I need to bring anything?
All materials are provided including two sheets of conservation grade mountboard. Please bring several textiles and, if you already have them, any frames you would like to use or recycle. If you have a particular backing fabric in mind please bring it together with thread to match your original. There will be lots of homemade cake and tea/coffee but please bring a packed lunch.
There are no upcoming dates for this workshop. If you’re interested please get in touch, when I have at least two people who would like to attend I will arrange a workshop in Chichester on a mutually convenient date.